When taking screenshots for a tutorial on how to connect a scale to a network, I came across this curious mixture of both English and German in the network adapter settings:
I confirmed that the Windows display language was set to English. I tried deleting the German language pack, but it did not make a difference: my Windows was still bilingual.
Eventually, I found the solution:
- Open to the (legacy) Control Panel, click on Clock, Language and Region, then click on Region.
- In the Region dialog, select the Administrative tab.
- Click on Copy settings…
- You’ll probably see that the Display Language under Current User is not the same as the Display Language under Welcome screen:
- This can be fixed by checking the Copy your current settings to: Welcome screen and system accounts checkbox, then clicking on OK:
After restarting, the dialog appeared completely in English: